Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can you deliver a puppy to my home town? Yes. We use Delta, American and United air service to deliver all our puppies. These carriers can address most US airports.
2) Is flying a puppy safe? Yes. We are happy to say we have not had even ONE situation flying our puppies over all the years. The airlines take good care of them and have strict regulations to protect the well being of the puppies.
3) How much does delivery cost? We can deliver to most US Airports for $250. This includes the cost of the airline ticket, a new Pet Porter, Veterinarian paperwork and our cost to get the puppy to the airport.
4) What would you need from me to check on flights to my airport? We would need to know your full name, address, airport of choice and phone number. We can usually arrange a flight within 48hrs of you deciding on a puppy.
5) Do flights always arrive on time? Yes, flights are usually on schedule. We do have situations where we will need to re-book a flight due to weather.
6) Do you sedate the puppies before they fly? No. Puppies take the flight very well and there is no need for sedation.
7) How do I get my puppy from the airport? We will send you arrival dates and times as well as a tracking number for your puppy. Most airports have a separate location called Cargo Services that you will pick your puppy up at. Please allow 30 minutes for your puppy to get from the plane to the Cargo Service counter. All you need to do is show your photo ID and tracking number that we send you and you can take your puppy home!
8) What is the best method of payment? We like to use PayPal as our primary method of payment. We can accept credit cards or debit cards however there is a 3% finance charge from PayPal that is at buyers expense. You do not need to have a Pay Pal account to pay the invoice with a credit or debit card. PayPal is a very safe internet transaction for the buyer as well as the seller. We can send you a PayPal invoice that will walk you through the steps of paying your invoice . We can also do a direct bank wire transfer. For this we need to send you our banking numbers to give to your bank to perform the transaction. this is also very safe and easy. Cost for bank transfer is $15 on our end and is at buyers expense. If puppy is picked up local at our home there is a South Dakota 4% Sales Tax. If delivered out of state then no tax.
9) Do all your puppies come with a health warranty? Yes. All our puppies do come with a 2yr Genetic Health Guarantee. A sample contract for all puppies is shown below.
Dakota Country Kennels 2yr Genetic Health Contract Sample Below
Dakota Country Kennels
Brett and Laura Nearman
33377 480th Avenue
Jefferson South Dakota, 57038
This agreement is made this day of 07/22/17 and is between the breeder (seller) and the buyer as named below:
Breeder (seller) : Laura and Brett Nearman @ Dakota Country Kennels
Buyer : Bob Sutters @ 222 Main Street Rock Valley IA
Seller and Buyer are collectively known as "parties".
The buyer agrees to obtain from the seller a Morkie. Sex:__Female_
Puppy Date of birth: 05/23/2017
For the amount of $800.00 plus $36 Tax
Puppy Name: Marley
This puppy was bred and raised in our Kennel in Jefferson, SD
Terms: Payment in full must be made prior to buyer taking ownership of the dogs, payment is in cash, Bank to Bank Transfer or Pay Pa debit/credit card. Buyer responsible for any finance or payment fees.
The seller certifies that, upon receipt, this dog is in good health and has been immunized and wormed according to the accompanying heath record of this puppy.
The buyer agrees to have the dog examined by your veterinarian at your expense within 10 days from date of purchase. If the veterinarian does not give the dog a clean bill of health, buyer must notify the seller immediately. Seller reserves the right to have the dog re-examined by a second veterinarian at seller’s cost. Any condition that is minor, correctable, or a breed related minor condition is not covered and no condition which could go away, or is considered to be a condition which a puppy will likely grow out of will be covered.
If the dog is then found not to be in good health, Seller will resume possession if this is agreeable to both parties. Delivery of dog to Seller is at buyer’s expense. Seller does not accept responsibility for contagious disease diagnosed after 10 days from date of purchase. Any Genetic Health issues are covered for 2 years from date of delivery with the same conditions as above in effect. Seller will replace said dog for serious life threatening Genetic Issues. If shipping is required shipping cost is non-refundable to and from buyer. At no time will seller be responsible for any veterinarian expenses incurred throughout the life of this dog. Your dog has been tested and examined by our veterinarian prior leaving Dakota Country Kennels to assure his/her health. Heat stroke, exhaustion, dehydration and other heat related conditions are not covered in any way.
SHIPPING: - Buyer does pay shipping. Seller takes full responsibility and is responsible for making flight arrangements if shipping is required. Seller is responsible for any issue occurred during shipping including full shipping cost and puppy cost should an issue arise. Seller guarantees shipping of puppy for full puppy price with shipping but not to exceed original cost paid by buyer.
The Buyer's Responsibility:
The Buyer agrees to take good care of this puppy, feed and house him/her properly, maintain shots, control the dog on a harness or leash when in public and when off the premises of the dog's home. The dog's outdoor area will be fenced in and secure or acceptable provisions will be made to assure the dog is safe any time he/she is outdoors. Buyer agrees to give the dog proper physical and emotional care and welfare. The death, injury or loss of said dog due to theft, carelessness, recklessness, abuse, neglect, heat stroke or accident will not entitle the buyer to any compensation from the seller.
This puppy is warranted only for the purpose of being a companion animal, not for any other purpose or reasons. No warranty is given to the buyer for any special purpose or function of this dog.
Any changes to this contract must be in writing and signed by both parties. This contract is legal and may be enforced by legal means at the buyer’s expense and all disputes must be settled in the state of SD.
Current Vaccination and De-worming records for this puppy will be sent at time of pickup or shipping. Enjoy your new puppy!
This is the entire agreement (2 pages) between the parties and is valid and agreed to by all parties. All parties have read and understood and agreed to this contract in full by signing below.
Seller (breeder): Brett or Laura Nearman date: 07/22/2017
Buyer __ Bob Sutters 07/22/2017______